Frequently Asked Questions
Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgeon Overview
HPB specialists are experts of the liver, pancreas and the biliary tract (the gallbladder and bile ducts) related conditions, procedures and surgeries.
Conditions treated by HPB Surgeon
Conditions treated by HPB surgeons include:
- 1) Cirrhosis
- 2) Liver tumours
- 3) Pancreas tumours
- 4) Gallbladder and bile duct tumours
- 5) Alcoholic liver disease
- 6) Metabolic disorders
- 7) Hepatitis
- 8) Cholangiocarcinoma
- 9) Non alcoholic fatty liver disease
- 10) Primary biliary cholangitis
- 11) Drug induced liver injury
- 12) Hemochromatosis
- 13) Pancreatitis
What does a hepatobiliary surgeon do?
HBP specialists diagnose, manage and treat a range of hepato-pancreato-biliary conditions, diseases and can perform procedures and surgery.
What to expect at an appointment with a biliary surgeon?
You can expect the doctor to inquire about your condition, your requirements, personal and family history, to begin with. A physical exam may take place as well.
When should you visit a hepato pancreato biliary surgeon?
You should see a hepatobiliary surgeon if:
- 1) You suffer from a liver condition or disease
- 2) You would like to take care of your liver health as prevention
- 3) You need surgery for conditions like tumours & cancer
- 4) You are suffering from hepatitis