Frequently Asked Questions
Sports Medicine Doctor Overview
Sport medicine doctors specialise in treatment and prevention of sports related illnesses and injuries. Sports medicine doctors provide care to sportspeople, teams and even individuals who wish to engage in a more active lifestyle. Sports medicine doctors deal with non surgical treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
Conditions & Types of disease treated by Sports Medicine Doctor
Conditions and diseases treated by sports medicine doctors include:
- 1) Acute injuries like sprains, strains, fractures, knee/shoulder injuries
- 2) Chronic injuries like tendonitis, stress fractures
- 3) Concussions
- 4) Injury prevention
- 5) Cartilage issues
When should you see a sport medicine doctor?
You should see a sports medicine doctor if you:
- 1) Are a sportsperson facing acute or chronic injuries
- 2) Are recovering from a sport related injury
- 3) Wish to prevent a sport related injury
- 4) Are experiencing limited movement
Does a sports medicine doctor do surgery?
No, sports medicine doctors do not generally perform surgery.