The Paediatric Rheumatology Unit at BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital provides comprehensive care and consultation services for children with suspected or definite rheumatologic ailments and non-surgical musculoskeletal problems. We offer comprehensive workup, management and both outpatient and inpatient care to children in close association with other paediatric super specialities.
The comprehensive care we offer is tailored to the medical needs of each child. Our team of paediatric rheumatologists, doctors, physical and occupational therapists and other supporting staff follow a multidisciplinary approach to treat juvenile arthritis, involving joints, muscles, and connective tissues.
Common rheumatologic symptoms associated with different types of juvenile arthritis and a wide range of autoimmune and rheumatologic conditions are prolonged fever, redness of the eyes, joint pain, joint swelling, rashes, muscle weakness, low back pain, oral ulcers, swelling over the body, photosensitivity, hair fall, skin tightening, bluish discolouration of the fingers, peeling of skin etc.
What Are The Services Provided At Paediatric Rheumatology Unit?
Our team offers state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatment, and clinical management to ensure that your child receives comprehensive and coordinated care through adulthood. The major services we offer include:
- Specialised tests for all rheumatologic illnesses
- Intra-articular joint injections
- Biologic infusions
What Are The Conditions We Treat Under Paediatric Rheumatology Unit?
Our team holds years of experience in diagnosing and managing various childhood conditions such as:
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Juvenile Spondyloarthropathy
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Juvenile Dermatomyositis
- Connective tissue disorders
- Kawasaki Disease
- Other Vasculitides
- Chronic Idiopathic Uveitis
- Autoinflammatory Syndromes
- Evaluation of pyrexia of unknown origin
Childhood Autoinflammatory Diseases
- Blau’s syndrome
- Muckle-Wells Syndrome (MWS)
- Cryopyrin-Associated Periodic Syndrome (CAPS)
- HyperImmunoglobulin D Syndrome (HIDS)
- Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF)
- Familial Cold Auto-inflammatory Syndrome (FCAS)
- Periodic or recurrent fever syndromes
- TNF Receptor Associated Periodic Syndrome (TRAPS)
Find Complete Relief from BLK Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the BLK Hospital team to schedule an appointment at : +91-11-30403040