The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit at BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital provides comprehensive services and care to children with chronic medical and surgical conditions. Our facility strives to provide round-the-clock care to critically ill infants, children, and adolescents.
Our unit is well-equipped with advanced technology and managed by Board-certified Paediatric Intensivists who provide 24 X 7 in-house specialised emergency care to intensively sick children. Our multidisciplinary team provides comprehensive Psychological Health, Physiotherapy, and Palliative Care. The patient is intensively monitored till the time he is stabilised, especially after major surgeries.
We offer Extracorporeal Life Support Program for children who need life-sustaining heart and lung support. We provide comprehensive care to Bone Marrow / Organ Transplant patients. The advanced treatment modalities available in the Unit include Extracorporeal Life Support (Neonatal, Paediatric, and Cardiac ECMO), high-frequency Ventilation, Nitric Oxide Therapy, Non-invasive Ventilation, and Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs), Plasmapheresis and CRRT modalities.
- 24X7 emergency care and ICP monitoring
- Open 7 days a week
- 9 paediatric intensive care beds
- 1 isolated room for state-of-the-art life monitoring technologies and life support
- Board-certified paediatricians trained in Intensive care
- Nurses with expertise in paediatric intensive care
- Isolation rooms equipped for infective patients
- Support the patient’s family and friends
- Electronic medical records
- Emergency medical transportation by ground and air 365 days
- PICU with conventional/ Non Invasive (BIPAP/HHFNC/HFO)
- ECMO (Heart Lung Support)
- Plasmapheresis, Renal Replacement Therapy
- Post Operative and Post Transplant Intensive Care (BMT, Kidney, Liver)
What Are The Services Provided At The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit?
Our Paediatric Intensive Care Unit offers the latest therapies to support children with organ failure, using state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Paediatric ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) the unit provides ECMO life support for children whose heart and lungs aren't functioning normally.
- High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation (HFOV) it helps children with breathing problems by sending small, rapid puffs of air into the lungs. It's safer for small lungs than high-pressure, conventional ventilation methods.
- Extracorporeal Renal Replacement Therapy takes over kidney function in children with severe injuries to the kidneys or kidney disease. The Unit also offers Renal Replacement Therapy such as Peritoneal Dialysis, Haemodialysis, SLED, and CRRT.
- Plasmapheresis To exchange blood plasma in cases of poisoning and certain immunological condition like autoimmune encephalitis, TTP etc
- Inhaled Nitric Oxide treats respiratory problems like pulmonary hypertension. A breathing machine provides nitric oxide, causing blood vessels in the lungs to dilate and hold oxygen that circulates throughout the body.
- Isolation Facility with negative and positive pressure for organ transplant/burns/ plastic surgery patients etc.
- Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy for ICU and Non ICU cases
- Heated, Humidified High-Flow Delivered By Nasal Cannulae (HHHFNC) for respiratory problems like bronchiolitis and post-extubated patients.
- Sedation for all procedures within and outside PICU
- High Dependency Units (HDU), Central-oxygen, Compressed Air and Multipara Monitor
- Invasive and Non-Invasive BP Monitoring, Central Venous Pressure (CVP) Monitoring
What Are The Conditions We Treat Under The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit?
We provide care to patients with a wide variety of complex medical and surgical conditions including:
- Endocrine and Metabolic Conditions
- Hyperosmolarity Metabolic Syndrome
- Gastrointestinal Conditions
- Bowel perforation
- All post GI surgical Cases
- Heart Conditions
- Congenital heart defects
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO)
- Atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD )
- Acquired heart defects
- Cardiomyopathy & Myocarditis
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Congenital and acquired heart block
- Post cardiac surgery patients
- Rheumatic heart disease
- Haematology and Oncology Conditions
- Haematological malignancies & solid organ malignancies
- Post bone marrow transplant patients
- Febrile Neutropenia
- Tumour lysis syndrome
- Acute and Chronic GVHD
- Diffuse Alveolar haemorrhage
- Veno occlusive Disorders
- Multi drug resistant organism
- Methicillin-Resistant S. Aureus (MRSA)
- Vancomycin-Resistant S. Aureus (VRSA)
- Vancomycin Intermediate-Resistant S. Aureus (VISA)
- Kidney Conditions
- Acute and Chronic Kidney failure management
- Post Kidney transplant
- Neurological Conditions (Infections and autoimmune)
- Head injuries
- Post op shunt surgical patient
- Post op neurosurgical patient
- Orthopaedic Conditions
- Post trauma cases management
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Snake or spider bites
- Drug poisoning/ Methemoglobinemia
- Respiratory Conditions
- chronic lung disease
- Pneumonia/ Bronchiolitis
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Head injuries
- Other Multiorgan injuries
Find Complete Relief from BLK Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the BLK Hospital team to schedule an appointment at : +91-11-30403040