The Developmental Paediatrics team at BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital hold unique expertise in providing comprehensive care to children and adolescents suffering from impairments of typical brain function that often impact their memory, behaviour, and ability to learn.
In today's times with changing family dynamics, there are many families facing behavioural, developmental, and parenting problems that are profoundly affected by our day-to-day living, increased competitiveness, availability of wider technology in the form of gadgets, etc.
The Child Development Unit at BLK-Max Hospital addresses the development, behaviour, and learning issues with the help of a team of professionals, headed by Developmental Paediatrician, Child Psychologist, Occupational, Speech Therapist, and Special Educator. Every child is first assessed by our team development Paediatrician and Psychologist to understand the strength and areas where the challenge is, following which a team of interventionists works on specific individualised goals.
An Occupational Therapist helps children acquire skills needed to perform activities or occupations of daily life. A Speech Therapist addresses a very specific aspect of development: communication, which includes how the child understands and uses words to communicate. A special educator helps to develop learning skills.
What Are The Services Provided At Developmental Paediatrics Unit?
Some of the major conditions we treat at our Developmental Paediatrics Unit include:
- Developmental Assessment for normal children as
- Routine screening
- Children with developmental delays
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- High-risk newborn follow-ups
- Behavioural Assessments and Counselling for children with behavioural issues –
- Attention deficit hyperactivity
- Oppositional defiant disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Psycho-educational assessments for children with learning difficulties and disorders, we work closely with schools and aid in formulating their individualized educational plan.
- Pharmacological interventions for behaviour disorders, anxiety disorder, depression, etc.
- Intervention planning and services for –
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Sessions for special education
- Regular training and medical education program for parents and resource professionals.
- Parental guidance and Counselling
What Are The Conditions We Treat Under Developmental Paediatrics Unit?
We at Developmental Paediatrics Unit take up assessments and intervention planning for the following issues:
- Developmental Delays such as
- Language, Motor (fine or gross) and cognitive Delays
- Developmental Disabilities such as
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Intellectual disability
- Learning disabilities
- Externalizing/Internalizing disorders
- Behavioural Problems like ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders in Children
- Habit Disabilities such as
- Parenting Issues
- Down syndrome
- Foetal alcohol syndrome
- Sleep difficulties