There are varied treatment options to remove or cure cancer tissues. These may include surgical processes, therapies or a combination of both.
- Surgical Process: A doctor aims to remove the tumour and some of the tissue that is in the surrounding areas where the cancer may have spread.
- Radiation Therapy: Involves the use of high-energy waves to kill cancer cells.
- Chemo Therapy: Involves the use of powerful medicines to kill cancer cells.
- Targeted Therapy: Targets cancer specific genes, proteins, or the tissue environment that contributes to cancer growth and survival.
- Immunotherapy: Involves the use of medicines that prompt the body's immune system or natural defenses to destroy cancer.
- Stem-cell Transplantation: Damaged bone marrow is restored using Stem-cell Transplantation, following high-dose Chemotherapy or Radiation Therapy.
A patient might get Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, or Targeted Therapy along with surgery or radiation. This approach will help in killing the residual cancer cells, during other forms of treatment.